Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drobo storage device keeps disconnecting

I have a 27" iMac and am running OS X 10.11.3. I have a Drobo 5D with 2 hard drives connected to the iMac via a thunderbolt cable. Both the iMac and the Drobo are on 24/7. When i am done working on the computer i put it to sleep. Sometimes when I wake up the computer i get the following message, "Disk not ejected properly. Eject the "Drobo" before disconnecting or turning it off. I never turn either the computer or the drobo off. They both run continuously. What can I do to correct this.

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 7:41 AM

1 reply

Dec 30, 2017 11:04 AM in response to gerryb2

I had that happen with the Drobo, but it seems to only happen because the computer was set to go to sleep when inactive. I can only assume the Drobo just timed out and went to sleep itself because the host wasn't active or showing connected, which would cause the disconnect when the Mac came back online.

I would suggest just changing your settings to keep the Mac always on, but allow the screen to go to sleep.

Drobo storage device keeps disconnecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.