Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX Crashing when exporting Current Frame

Every time I try to export the current frame from a project FCPX crashes. I have created new destinations and tried a range of formats (jpg, png, TIFF etc) but they all crash the program. It isn't crashing when exporting Movie formats - only stills.

I have tried to trash my preferences and reported issue to Apple. I have also tried creating a new library, project etc but with no change in the problem.

Any assistance much appreciated!

Michael

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 7:47 AM

14 replies

Feb 8, 2016 7:58 AM in response to michaeltoe

Suggest that you quit and relaunch FCP. Hold down the option and command keys when you do relaunch and delete the preferences. Navigate to your working library from the File menu. Select the project icon and then use the Delete Generated Project Files > Delete Project Render Files.

Hopefully it's just a bad render file.

Russ

Feb 8, 2016 8:07 AM in response to Russ H

Hi Russ,

Thanks for the quick reply! I have deleted the preferences following your guidance but when I click on the Project file I don't see the option for 'Delete Project Render Files'. I can only see 'Delete Generated Event Files' from the file menu. Am I doing something wrong? Not sure if this helps, but I have also tried creating a new library with different footage, saving it to a different location etc., but still happening.

Thanks in advance!

Michael

Feb 8, 2016 8:22 AM in response to Russ H

Thanks for update Russ - deleted the Project Render Files as specified and relaunched the program and tried exporting again. No luck I'm afraid.

When I bring the exact same project over to my 27" iMac and try exporting the frame it works without a problem, so I don't think it is a problem with the project and more with the software.

Thanks.

Feb 8, 2016 9:08 AM in response to Russ H

The mac is a MacBook Pro (retina 15 inch, early 2013), 2.7 Ghz Intel Core i7 with 16GB memory. Graphics is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024MB.

The project settings are 1920 x 1080 / 23.98p / Stereo 48kHz.

The project is running from a 'WD My Book Thunderbolt Duo 8TB High Speed Storage Dual Drive with RAID'.

Hope this helps. Thanks for your time.

Feb 9, 2016 1:10 PM in response to EcoGreg

Hi Greg, I tried creating a new destination after the default 'Save Current Frame' didn't work. I have tried a number of new destinations with each of the available still image output options i.e. jpg, tiff etc.

The footage was captured on a mixture of Canon 5D Mark III and a Sony A7SII. I don't think the problem is with the footage as it exports fine from fcpx on my desktop, just not from the macbook pro for some reason.

FCPX Crashing when exporting Current Frame

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.