Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 4th gen reboot loop 9.0.2

Hello

My iPad 4th Gen reboots every 5 to 10 minutes after starting, I notice that the iPad does a black screen swipe to the right and then shuts off and restarts.

I can't backup my data properly because of the reboots, I can't update the iPad for the same reason.

It's and iPad MD516E/A with iOS 9.0.2, 16gb and has 50% of the capacity, I belive the problem is the iOS version, but I don't know how to update the iPad or backup my data.

In the diagnostic and usage I notice a lot of Panic, ResetCounter, stacks+backboardd.

iPad, iOS 9.0.2, MD516E/A

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 8:10 AM

3 replies

Feb 9, 2016 2:57 PM in response to jeffd55

Thanks for your reply, I manage to fix it somehow. The iPad was logged out of my account, I logged back to my Apple ID and iCloud Drive and have not reboot since I did that, I don't know if its common or a bug on 9.0.2 or it's meant to be as a protection from thieves.

Anyways, thank you for your reply.

Feb 12, 2016 5:47 PM in response to Yayii

It actually didn't work, it seems like whenever the iPad goes lower than 50% battery it starts the reboot loop, I tried updating in recovery mode and when the update to 9.2.1 is running, it stops at like 55% and an error message pops up, sometimes it says iPad couldn't update ...(9) and sometimes (-1).

Could it be the battery?, I took the iPad to the only local Apple Store and they said they couldn't update and couldn't fix it, instead, they offered me to buy the iPad for less than 100 bucks or a gift card with the same ammount, shame on that store imo.

iPad 4th gen reboot loop 9.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.