Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notification sounds

I just purchased a IPhone 6s Plus, I have noticed that my notification sounds don't work for Instagram or Facebook. Sometime Facebook might work, but I have never heard a notification from Twitter or Instagram. Can someone help me with this. I've did the reset and etc., but it still didn't work.

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 8:37 AM

2 replies

Feb 9, 2016 11:50 AM in response to Vernika75

Howdy Vernika75,

I understand that you've got a couple of apps on your iPhone that you're not consistently receiving notifications for. Fortunately the steps outlined below can help get the affected apps' notifications to work as expected.

To get notifications, you need to be connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. If you’re not getting notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Make sure that the app supports notifications. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on.
  2. Make sure that you’re signed in to your Apple ID on your iOS device. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores and enter your Apple ID and password.
  3. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned off. Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb and tap Manual if it's turned on.
  4. If you’ve recently installed an app or restored from a backup, open the app to start getting notifications.

Use Notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201925

All my best.

notification sounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.