Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Web browser

which web browser is most compatible with Safari

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 8:12 AM

7 replies

Feb 8, 2016 8:23 AM in response to Nina1978

None. Safari is part of OSX.

There are other good web browsers, Although according to Apple Safari is the safest and fastest.

Whatever:

Chrome: fast, not very safe, sloppy programming and leaking.

Firefox: good, fast and acceptably safe.

Opera, fast and safe.

Most of the time a lot of extensions/plugins are used. It is a matter of preference, but sometimes they are BAD, and most of the time they are not necessary:

use Adblock or uBlock to block advertisements, but also ask yourself "why has this site more advertisements than good articles".

use an autopassword plugin when you use a password manager often.

use Scamzapper when you want to be sure that most scams are blocked.

use DuckDuckGo to block s**t sites and other unwanted stuff.

use ClickToFlash when you have Flasplayer on your mac and don't want to uninstall it.

Lex

Feb 8, 2016 8:24 AM in response to Nina1978

And if you are referring to the Search Engine, rather than the Browser, then it is all just personal taste. Google, Yahoo, Bing, all search effectively but each has its own unique signature as to the presentation, so it is really a personal decision.

I don't particularly like Safari, so I use Firefox, and I also use Google because that is what I am used to, so it works most effectively for me.

But, as Bob indicated, it is something that you can really only determine by experimenting with the various combinations to see which is most appealing and useful to you.

Cheers,

GB

Web browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.