Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage won't work with one contact

I have an iPhone 6 with completely updated software (9.2.1) and my iMessage will not work with just one contact. I have tried every fix I've been able to find online including logging out of my apple id, resetting my imessage, restarting my phone, resetting the network settings, but nothing seems to work. The text messages it's sending in iMessage's place aren't even being received. Does anyone know how I remedy this?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 8:36 AM

brow2152 wrote:

I have an iPhone 6 with completely updated software (9.2.1) and my iMessage will not work with just one contact. I have tried every fix I've been able to find online including logging out of my apple id, resetting my imessage, restarting my phone, resetting the network settings, but nothing seems to work. The text messages it's sending in iMessage's place aren't even being received. Does anyone know how I remedy this?

If this is only happening to one of your contacts and nobody else, and you did all of this troubleshooting tips, Then I would conclude that the issue isn't with your phone but with the other person phone/imessage.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2016 8:36 AM in response to brow2152

brow2152 wrote:

If this is only happening to one of your contacts and nobody else, and you did all of this troubleshooting tips, Then I would conclude that the issue isn't with your phone but with the other person phone/imessage.

iMessage won't work with one contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.