Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery runs out quickly...

Hello there,

Since I've updated my Macbook Air to OS X El Capitan I started to notice that my battery started to run out very fast.

It used to last about 10 hours without recharging and now, with 100% recharged, shows me just 4 hours of battery.

Also, I noticed that the process "soagent" is consuming so much of the CPU, about 98%!

I need some help with this issue please!
Thanks!

Alex

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.1.x)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 8:36 AM

6 replies

Feb 8, 2016 4:17 PM in response to Linc Davis

Yeah, this soagent process is eating up all my battery, and still the fan working hard...

I disabled all my accounts in Messages app and still not working.
No matter how many times I shut this process, it restarts again...

It seems that many people are experiencing the same problem with this El Capitan and soagent..

Feb 8, 2016 4:29 PM in response to mgobr

Please back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.soagent

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Trash. Log out or restart the computer and empty the Trash.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You may not see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Feb 8, 2016 4:43 PM in response to Linc Davis

Hey Linc Davis, thanks for your support but I did something different and it really started to work normally.

I went to System Preferences > Internet Accounts, then I disabled all my google accounts. By doing this the soagent process stopped from showing up.

It seems everything is doing fine for now.

Battery runs out quickly...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.