Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I connect my Airport Extreme base station via ethernet cable to a locus meter?

Can I use my Airport Express base station (802.11n Wi-Fi) to connect, via ethernet cable, to a locus meter that will be used with a solar panel inverter? Currently, I use the base station wi-fi to connect to two different Mac computers and an Ipad. Sungevity, the installer, tells me that the signal only needs to go one way, from my satellite modem to the locus meter. Sungevity also told me that if I can hard wire any device (like a computer) directly from my Airport, I should also be able to do the same with the locus meter. Has anyone tried this?

Thank you.

North Country Boy

Sungevity Locus meter-OTHER

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 9:14 AM

Is this the AirPort Express that you have?

User uploaded file

As a test, did you turn off the WiFi on a computer and then connect the computer to the LAN <--> port on the AirPort Express using an Ethernet cable to see if the computer can get a good Internet connection that way?

If it can......and if the support folks for your solar panels have provided the correct information.....then the meter will work.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2016 9:14 AM in response to Northcountry boy

Is this the AirPort Express that you have?

User uploaded file

As a test, did you turn off the WiFi on a computer and then connect the computer to the LAN <--> port on the AirPort Express using an Ethernet cable to see if the computer can get a good Internet connection that way?

If it can......and if the support folks for your solar panels have provided the correct information.....then the meter will work.

Can I connect my Airport Extreme base station via ethernet cable to a locus meter?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.