Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 screen is black but the phone still works as the sound goes on and off. I can't restart and have tried several times and can't reset on iTunes due to needing to unlock my phone.

I dropped my phone from a short distance and when I picked it up it the screen was black. However, the sound still works as I have switched the switch off and on for sound and it has made noises. I can also slightly see the apple logo when I switch my phone on and can see the off switch when I try to turn it off but it is not fully showing, I can only see it in very dark rooms. I have tried to reset the phone several times by using the Home and Lock buttons at the same time and have tried plugging it in to iTunes to reset but it won't connect due to having to unlock my phone, which I can't do. Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 9:13 AM

4 replies

My iPhone 6 screen is black but the phone still works as the sound goes on and off. I can't restart and have tried several times and can't reset on iTunes due to needing to unlock my phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.