Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod is locked and i dont want to lose my pictures and other items. Please help

I did ask. Now can I get an answer?

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 9:26 AM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 10:25 AM in response to jjbecerra

If you have iOS 8/7 or later then unless you can do this:

If you previously synced to the computer then you may be able to recover use of the iPod without erasing the iPod by following the instructions here:

Disabled Recovery - must use syncing computer

Your only hope is a data recovery company (unless you have a backup)..

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

To restore from backup see:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

If problem what happens or does not happen and when in the instructions? When you successfully get the iPod in recovery mode and connect to computer iTunes should say it found an iPod in recovery mode.

or

If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone and use Remote Wipe to erase the contents of your device. If you have been using iCloud to back up, you may be able to restore the most recent backup to reset the passcode after the device has been erased.

You can also wipe the iOS device by installing the FindMyiPhone app on another iOS device and using that app to wipe the device.

My ipod is locked and i dont want to lose my pictures and other items. Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.