Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Library usage wont delete

My ipad storage is full because my photo library is using 12GB. I only have a handful of photos actually on my ipad.

I have 'signed out' of icloud on my ipad

I have turned off my Photo Stream and iCloud Photo Sharing on my home computer, which is a mini-mac.

I would like to keep icloud for photo/data back on my mini-mac, but don't care if it's on my ipad. Itunes should be able to store all of my app purchases, correct? And, I only use the ipad for safari, a few apps, facetime etc. I don't use it for email, contacts or calendar.

Would appreciate any help as the ipad is running so SLOW with it being out of storage, and i cannot update the software or use FB app or FlipBoard app anymore. I've deleted now anyway to try and get the thing working.

Help.

Rachel

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 9:36 AM

5 replies

Feb 8, 2016 9:50 AM in response to modular747

Thanks for your quick reply.

I am not sure if I am asking the right question. My Photo Library on my ipad is using all the space on my iPad. When I view my 'Photos', by clicking the photos icon, I only have 17 photos and 1 video actually on my iPad. Really small kb photos and one short video.

I guess in short, I can't even see what is on my Photo Library on my iPad.

Rachel

Feb 8, 2016 11:28 AM in response to modular747

@modular747, thank you for asking. I go into settings>usage>managestorage.

Then the screen says:

- Used 12.9GB

- Available 82.1 (this is recent because I deleted Facebook app, weight watchers app and Flipboard app).

Further down the screen it lists each app via storage space. Photos and Camera is 11.1. So, almost all of the storage....

So, I click on Photos and Camera and i lists:

- Photo Library 11.1GB

- Shared Photo Stream 3.8

Looking forward to figuring out to eliminate everything on Photo Library.

Photo Library usage wont delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.