Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Al Green won't get off my phone.

I have a pix of my dog as what shows when I wake my phone up. At least I use to. When I check under settings he's still there listed as the wallpaper.

However just as of about a week ago, instead of my dog, I have what looks like my music. It is showing a picture of Al Green, whom I must have his music on my phone somewhere (1970's hits?) and it has an arrow thing like that song is playing. I do not want to see Al Green on my phone. I don't even really like Al Green (sorry Al).

Please tell me what I did and how to make Al go away for good so I can see my dog again!!

Thank you SO much.

Susan

PS don't get me started on how much I hate the music app now. I can't figure out how to play consecutive songs on my playlist any more. I pick a playlist, pick the first song on it and thats all it plays, ONE song. It is the worst app on my entire iphone.

But I digress, please help me get my dog photo back.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), iphone 6, ipad, Apple TV new imac

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 8:58 AM

6 replies

Feb 9, 2016 12:26 PM in response to susan-kelly

Hey Susan-Kelly,
I understand your frustration with the Music app but lets get this sorted out so you won't
Let's start with the lock screen and why you are seeing Al Green. What you are seeing is the Proactive Assistant built into iOS 9. When you plug in your iPhone to either headphone or a speaker dock, then it will suggest an app that you would commonly used while plugged in. This can range from the Podcast app as well as the Music app. Take a look at the first article link for more details on this.
Proactive assistant
http://help.apple.com/iphone/9/#/iph6f94af287

Now on to the Music app itself. If the song is continuously repeating and not playing anything else, then it sounds like the repeat 1 option is turned on. To check this, start with playing a song from your playlist and then bring up the Now Playing screen. Look at the bottom of the screen to see the different options and look for this symbol User uploaded file. As long as you don't see a 1 next to it, it will play the songs in order for you. Look at the next link for more details on the play controls
Play music
http://help.apple.com/iphone/9/#/iph0138fb328

Take it easy

Feb 11, 2016 12:06 PM in response to norm123

I did all that and now I don't have Al Green but Frank Sinatra. Ok he's a step up from Al but i don't want any of this on my phone. What is the point of picking a wallpaper if its not ever there? I don't ever have my dog, not just when the phone is plugged into headphones or my computer but all the time. Every time I wake up the phone, there is Al or Frank. My god its so annoying. Oddly this doesn't happen to my daughter or boss they both have iphone 6 's just like mine and they both have music that they listen too. So it's clearly something that can be turned off but I did the things above and it just changed the song.

waaaaaaaaaa

Feb 11, 2016 12:28 PM in response to susan-kelly

Ok I just did a hard reboot on the phone but it didn't change anything and I didn't expect it too make a difference because I do hard reboots frequently. I have a mini cell in my house because I have very weak cell signal here and often my phone won't pick it up the mini cell so I have to do a hard boot for it to pick it up.

So the answer is Frank is still here, no dog to be found.

S!

Al Green won't get off my phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.