Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I download my purchased iTunes songs to my MacBook Air?

I have a mid-2011 11-inch Air and have upgraded the OS to Yosemite, and it is authorized with I-Tunes, and have plenty of storage space. The last time I updated I-Tunes, there were now songs in my library which I had purchased (and frankly forgot about). They will only play when I'm online, thus are only streaming. When I go to I-Tunes Store > Profile > Purchased > Not In My Library > Songs, I try to "Download All" or individually and it looks like it tries to then stops. What's stopping me?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 1.6GHz Intel Core i5, 2GB RAM

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 9:25 AM

3 replies

Feb 8, 2016 8:55 PM in response to doolittle2

Well ... I tried all the suggestions associated with the above link and still no change. HOWEVER, I succeeded in downloading the songs by going to "My Music" - while online, selecting each artist, then clicking the little download icon (cloud with a downward arrow) adjacent to the album name, and all the songs within that album downloaded. It took a little while but I have the "lost songs" so that's good enough for me.

Why can't I download my purchased iTunes songs to my MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.