Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Express error 10053

I use the Airport Express only to stream music to speakers. I have recently updated my router and all the wifi settings have changed.

I managed to update everything using Airport Utility on the laptop (Windows 8), the light is green and I can see it is connected to my wifi on the manager of the router.

However, none of my devices can see it - iphone, ipad, laptop.

If I try to change any of the setting on Airport Utility on the laptop I get a message saying "error 10053".

If I use the Airport Utility app on the iphone I have an orange triangle saying "Device not Found".

I have tried all kinds of resets and turning everything off and on again.

Please help.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 9:35 AM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 11:32 AM in response to Adam Khan

Plug the Express into the computer using ethernet.. do a full factory reset on it.

I recommend you stick to using it by ethernet.. not wireless. If you are forced to use wireless, then make sure the location you are putting the Express gets good signal. It has to be in wireless bridge mode when you do this setup.. apple calls it client mode.

AirPort Express: How to join an existing Wi-Fi network in client mode - Apple Support

If that doesn't help then we need to know what is the new router make and model, what was the old one that did work.. and what model is the Express.

Airport Express error 10053

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.