Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard needs pairing after shutdown

New to Mac. So far so good. I just have a question about bluetooth keyboard. Magic keyboard (batter type) . New batteries. Battery level showing %100. Keyboard stays paired during daytime use. Even in long sleep mode. But if I shutdown for overnight I will need to pair the keyboard again. I bought a used iMac ( mid 2011) and a used keyboard /mouse. Mint shape. Looks like last release of keyboard/mouse using AA batteries.

I can remove keyboard from bluetooth settings. Shutdown computer. Start computer and it will go through pairing to bluetooth with verifying keys.. Hoping that would correct issue. But If I just shutdown overnight when I start up computer. I do not see bluetooth wanting to pair to keyboard. Keyboard just does not function. Tried just hitting enter key hoping it would work. But I end up power failing keyboard off/on. Bang. Screen shows image of keyboard stating keyboard connected. I DO NOT have to key any verification keys as would if being paired from scratch.

Thanks

Lee

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 7:10 PM

Hey Lee,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

The information and troubleshooting tips in the article below should help you resolve the issue with the keyboard connection issues after your iMac sleeps.

If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad aren't working as expected - Apple Support

So long.

1 reply

keyboard needs pairing after shutdown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.