Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Faulty song download

Had the problem where one song had no playback at all and another song had a stutter for the first few seconds of playback.

Deleting from the i-tunes library and re-downloading from my purchased songs through i-tunes cloud only recovers the original faulty downloaded songs. Really would need to buy the songs again from the i-tunes store. But not sure if I would be charged again.

Can anyone help?

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 9:40 AM

3 replies

Feb 8, 2016 9:49 AM in response to ericfromNI

Contact iTunes Support about those tracks : http://reportaproblem.apple.com

If the versions in the store are corrupt, then redownloading or rebuying them (you shouldn't be able to rebuy an item that is redownloadable for free, the system should recognise it and not charge you) won't make any difference to what you download, Apple or the record label/rights-holder needs to correct something.

Feb 8, 2016 9:58 AM in response to King_Penguin

I take your point that the song(s) may have been corrupt in the first place, but I feel that the download may have been imperfect.

Your comment that the system should recognise that I have purchased the songs if I try to buy them again is interesting.

If I delete the defective song from my i-tunes library, go into the i-tunes store and buy the song again will it advise me the it can be downloaded again for free. If so will it advise me it is free after I click the buy button?

Feb 8, 2016 10:08 AM in response to ericfromNI

It should do, if it's the same song that you are looking at (i.e. same version of the album). In your original post you said that you had already deleted and redownloaded them - whether you redownload from the Purchased section or within the main part of the store doesn't (or shouldn't) matter, it should be picking up the same file from Apple's server.

Faulty song download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.