Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing all photos from iPhone 5s to Windows7

I have the iPhone 5s and I'm trying to make sure that all of my pictures are backed up onto my Windows 7 computer before upgrading. Plus, I could really use the extra space.

I plugged in my phone and waited for the Windows reader to pop up. I selected 'Import photos/videos' using Windows explorer. It then proceeded to find photos on my iPhone.

In iTunes under 'on device' it showed on the colored bar at the bottom that I have 5,500 pictures on my phone (6.63 GB) and under properties on my phone it shows 6.6 GB of pictures. But, Windows explorer only found 1,561 pictures and it did import and save those. But, where are the rest of my photos and how do I get Windows Explorer to find and import them?

How do I know if Windows Explorer imported all the pictures from my phone? And why is there such a large discrepancy between what my phone says it has and what Windows was actually able to find?

I did the same back-up on my iPod Touch (5th Gen.) (same everything) and Windows Explorer found all the photos, but none of the videos, how do I get Windows Explorer to find the videos saved on both my iPhone and iPod?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 7:32 PM

Only the photos and videos in your "Camera Roll" can be transferred to your PC. I suspect the remaining photos and videos were originally placed on the phone via a sync operation using iTunes. You would need to look at third-party software to get those transferred.

4 replies

Feb 8, 2016 7:36 PM in response to dilbert41

Thank you!

Do you know why I wouldn't be able to find these 'missing' photos anywhere on my phone? I am only seeing the ones in my camera roll.

When I first got my phone I thought that I was taking photos off my phone by syncing them. I wound up putting a whole bunch of cruise pictures a family member sent us. I took them off, but would it still be possible that these photos are still 'showing up' in the total picture count of 5,500 even though I deleted them?

Importing all photos from iPhone 5s to Windows7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.