Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i lost my notes

I lost my notes from iphone5. The gmail has some other notes but the one that i was using most is lost. Is there any way to retrieve it?

iPhone 5, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 10:02 AM

6 replies

Feb 8, 2016 11:05 AM in response to mandy009

I have the same problem. It happened to me within the past week, not exactly sure when. The only recent things I've done are change my apple account password, reset network settings, and possibly upgraded to the latest ios. Although I'm not sure how long ago I updated. My notes are gone. I checked the usual folder in my web browser in my email and nothing was there. Also, notes syncing to icloud was toggled off, so nothing is there either. I don't know how all of my notes could vanish.

I did notice that my storage was almost full. Is it possible that something else needed to store data, so it overwritten the notes?

Mar 4, 2016 7:13 AM in response to mandy009

This is some serious BS. I have seriously important notes which are all gone. All notes under my gmail account are gone- every last one. I have done NO updates recently, haven't changed ANY settings on my apple account and have not altered the password. All of my devices remain the same but I've lost a few years worth of work which I foolishly trusted would be safe on the cloud. I will transition away from Apple because of this. Shame on you Apple. Unfortunately you are going to be phased out because of this kind of stuff.

i lost my notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.