Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VM Fusion and Windows Upgrade

I use my MacBook for communication Photo editing and an accounting program (Quicken). Quicken wants me to upgrade to the newer version. Will I need to upgrade my version of VM Fusion 7 and Windows XP?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 10:07 AM

5 replies

Feb 8, 2016 5:11 PM in response to ajh2thdoc

ajh2thdoc wrote:

I use my MacBook for communication Photo editing and an accounting program (Quicken). Quicken wants me to upgrade to the newer version. Will I need to upgrade my version of VM Fusion 7 and Windows XP?

Research the system requirements of each and find out yourself. This has nothing to do with your Mac and / or Apple products.

Feb 9, 2016 9:22 AM in response to ajh2thdoc

ajh2thdoc wrote:

...Quicken wants me to upgrade to the newer version. Will I need to upgrade my version of VM Fusion 7 and Windows XP?

Fusion 7 will run newer versions of Windows, including Win 10, without difficulty. The main issue is what that newer version of Quicken requires for its operating system which you should first determine as Templeton Peck points out. And while it will likely run on versions of Windows below Win 10, you probably won't be able to find licensed installers for them any longer.

Feb 18, 2016 9:11 AM in response to ajh2thdoc

ajh2thdoc wrote:

I use my MacBook for communication Photo editing and an accounting program (Quicken). Quicken wants me to upgrade to the newer version. ...

Which version of Quicken are you using?

Intuit is making a big push to get most users to Quicken 2016. They offered me a discount and after I installed it (it only works in Yosemite and El Capitan) quite frankly I was underwhelmed.

I continue to happily use Quicken 2007 for Mac, which will run in Snow Leopard through El Capitan and is still available for $15 from the Chat feature in the Intuit website.

VM Fusion and Windows Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.