Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot log into Game Center...

I changed my Apple ID email, and signed back into all apps that needed an Apple ID... Except Game Center. Game Center will not open. What do I do?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 10:30 AM

2 replies

Feb 9, 2016 2:40 PM in response to Monkey'sMom30

Hi Monkey'sMom30,

I understand you changed your Apple ID, but now Game Center will not open. Did you change your Apple ID as described in the resource below? Did you restart your iPhone after making the change? You might also want to empty the Safari cache on your iPhone. From the Settings app choose Safari. In the Privacy & Security section, tap Clear History and Website Data.

The resource below explains how to change your Apple ID, and what to do after you make a change.

Change your Apple ID

Change your Apple ID

Follow these steps to change the email address that you use as your Apple ID.

1. Sign out of iCloud, the iTunes & App store, FaceTime, Find My Friends, Find My iPhone, and iMessage on each device that uses your Apple ID.
  2. Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
  3. In the Account section, click Edit > Change Email Address.
  4. Enter the email address you want to use as your Apple ID. A verification code will be sent to your new email address.
  5. Enter the verification code from the email into the fields provided and start using your updated Apple ID. Didn't get the email?

You can change your Apple ID to any other email address you control, as long as it's not already in use as an Apple ID. If your email address ends with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com, you can't change your Apple ID and you won't see Change Email Address on your account page.

Then follow these steps on your IPhone. (I've included some key information here for you. Click on the link for complete details.

What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password

After you change your Apple ID email address or password, you might need to update your sign-in information with any Apple services that you're using.

After you change your Apple ID or password, use the alphabetical list below to make sure that each store or service is using your updated sign-in information. You can use these steps to sign in on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC, and Apple TV.

Apple Online Store

Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store.

• If you're signed out, enter your updated Apple ID and password.
  • If you're signed in with your previous Apple ID, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out. Then enter your updated Apple ID and password.

iCloud

Go to Settings > iCloud.

• If you're signed out, enter your updated Apple ID and password. The data in iCloud will automatically appear on your device after you sign in.
  • If you're still signed in with your previous Apple ID:
    1. Scroll down and tap Sign Out, then tap Sign Out to confirm. If you're using iOS 7 or earlier, tap Delete Account, then tap Delete to confirm. You might need to enter your password. Your data will remain in iCloud and will be updated on your device when you sign in to iCloud again.
    2. Enter your updated Apple ID and password.

If you updated your Apple ID email address before signing out of iCloud, and your device repeatedly asks for the password to your previous Apple ID, you can temporarily change your Apple ID to sign in.

Game Center

Update your Apple ID and password on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and Apple TV (4th generation).

Go to Settings > Game Center.

• If you're signed out, enter your updated Apple ID and password.
  • If you're signed in with your previous Apple ID, tap your Apple ID and tap Sign Out. Then enter your updated Apple ID and password.

Take care,

Cannot log into Game Center...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.