Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

about the iPod to mac air

i feel bad, I've got my iPod music on an old computer i put the iPod onto a mac air i clicked and put a fair bit of the music and vids on the mac but I'm still but I'm still missing a lot of the data from the iPod that won't show up on the mac.i synced it but the data didn't show, its latest version of everything

any help,can i have iTunes on two laptops? thx for any help

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 10:27 AM

You can only sync with one iTunes Library, so whichever one you sync with last will be the one that your device has media from.

If your old iTunes library had media that was not purchased from the iTunes Store, then you would have to transfer that information to your new iTunes Library in order to be able to sync it to your device:

iTunes: How to move your music to a new computer

If all of the media was purchased via iTunes and you are not seeing it on your Mac Air iTunes Library, you can sign into iTunes on the Mac with the same ID you used to purchase the media with, and re-download it to the Mac (if it is still available in the Store):

Download past purchases

You can also transfer your purchases from the iPod directly:

TT2's iOS device to build iTunes library

Cheers,

GB

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2016 10:27 AM in response to Cork supporter

You can only sync with one iTunes Library, so whichever one you sync with last will be the one that your device has media from.

If your old iTunes library had media that was not purchased from the iTunes Store, then you would have to transfer that information to your new iTunes Library in order to be able to sync it to your device:

iTunes: How to move your music to a new computer

If all of the media was purchased via iTunes and you are not seeing it on your Mac Air iTunes Library, you can sign into iTunes on the Mac with the same ID you used to purchase the media with, and re-download it to the Mac (if it is still available in the Store):

Download past purchases

You can also transfer your purchases from the iPod directly:

TT2's iOS device to build iTunes library

Cheers,

GB

about the iPod to mac air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.