Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to login to my iPhone 5 instead of having Apple id & pswd

Hi Guys,

My Apple iPhone 5 .Purchased in UK in 2013. Currently using in India which was working fine till a week ago.

The problem was,suddenly my iPhone got switched off and when I am trying to turn it on, inspite of having full battery it just showed the Apple logo and got switched off.

I Immediately went to a Apptronix store (Official service partner and Distributor in South India) but, the person over there connected it to the iTunes and still it did not turn on. So, he said that you can exchange your phone for Rs. 21,000/- and get a new iPhone 5 instead of it. As i didn't like the offer and wanted all my backup of my data,visited a local service center.

There in the service center he logged in to https://appleid.apple.com/ and successfully logged in with my apple id and password. after completing the two step verification process my iPhone did not accept that as my apple id.

I came home. Downloaded iTunes. normally I logged in to the iTunes (my account details) with the same ID & PSWD, However when I connected my iPhone to my laptop using the data cable in the same iTunes page to the top left corner where it displayed the iPhone logo >> clicked on it >> entered same apple id and pswd but could not login. It displayed a message "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com" cannot be used to unlock this iPhone.

My mobile phone also asked for apple id & paswd to start the phone. when I entered,it displayed the same message as above.

I am completely stuck and could not understand what to do after this step. I Would be very thankful if someone can suggest what can be done in this situation as I am logging in with my original apple id &pswd and still could not recover or start my phone.

Regards,

Anil

iPhone 5, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 10:37 AM

1 reply

Unable to login to my iPhone 5 instead of having Apple id & pswd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.