Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes spawns 3 processes when syncing iphone 6s which dont die when iTunes is closed.

Hi

I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 from Windows 7. When I connect my iphone 6s to iTunes to sync it spawns 3 processes. 1 is called SyncServer.exe located here (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\SyncServer.exe) and the other 2 are called distnoted.exe (32bit) located here (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\distnoted.exe).

These are obvisouly used to sync my iPhone but the problem I have is that when I close iTunes these 3 processess are not closed with it and they consume around 40-50% of my CPU usage while active.I have to manually kill these processes in task manager to restore my pc to normal.

My iTunes version is 12.3.2.35.

Windows 10 64bit OS Pro Version 1511 OS Build 10586.71

iPhone 6s IOS 9.2.1

Is there anything I can do to fix this maybe reinstall iTunes or is this a bug with iTunes and Windows 10?

Thank you.

Windows 10, iTunes

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 11:15 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes spawns 3 processes when syncing iphone 6s which dont die when iTunes is closed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.