Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have bought a new Iphone 6s 64gb and after erasing Iphone to restore data from android to Iphone, I have lost some of my preinstalled apps?

I have bought a new Iphone 6S 64GB and after erasing iphone to restore data from android to iphone,

I have lost some of my pre-installed apps, Can anybody explain me the process.

And when I am looking for those apps over app store It is showing that i have pay it for them. And not only that if these apps have been removed then

why I didn`t get the released space.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 11:51 AM

16 replies

Feb 8, 2016 11:55 AM in response to akram16

I think I need another explanation on what happened here.

So you restored a phone in order to migrate data from an android phone to the the iPhone? If some apps are missing because of this, it's because you haven't bought them on your appleID most likely, unless there's a way to install iOS apps on an android device without me knowing.

I'm not too clear on what's happening here though.

Feb 8, 2016 12:47 PM in response to akram16

akram16 wrote:

Apps like pages,numbers,keynotes,garage band,itunes u

Those are not preinstalled apps. At least, they are not apps that are installed as part of the OS. If they were installed on your phone, someone else put them there. As long as you're using the same Apple ID as was used to download them in the first place, all you need to do is download them from the App Store again.

Feb 8, 2016 1:17 PM in response to akram16

I bought my 6s Plus just last week and had basically the same thing happen to me. When I bought the iPhone, the employee at the Apple Store tried to migrate my data from my HTC One using the Move to iOS app, but for whatever reason, the connection between the iPhone and my HTC using the app would fail time after time, so I was unable to do the transfer. After wasting a lot of time trying to make the app work, I eventually told the Apple Store employee to just set up the phone as new.

After about a day of using the my new iPhone I decided to try using the Move to iOS app again and see if it would work this time (I had read on these forums that turning on airplane mode would solve the problem). So I proceeded to use Erase All Content and Settings to reset the phone and try using the Move to iOS app during initial setup.

Of course, the Move to iOS app still didn't work--the connection between the HTC and iPhone would keep dropping. After trying to get the phones to connect a couple more times I finally gave up and decided to setup the iPhone as a new phone again.

What I discovered was that after doing the Erase All Content and Settings procedure to reset the iPhone, the pre-installed apps that akram16 is describing (GarageBand, Keynote, Pages, etc.) were no longer on the phone. Apparently they're included out of the box, but once you do Erase All Content and Settings, they get erased. In my case however, I was lucky because they were already associated with my Apple ID (since I had installed them before on my iPad a couple of years ago) so all I had to do was reinstall them from the App Store.

akram16, you're not the only one who has this issue of them not being free on the App Store. I believe I read a couple of threads on the forums here (while I was researching why the apps disappeared when doing the phone reset), where a couple of other users also discovered that they were being asked to pay for the apps. I believe this may warrant a call to Apple, because the apps should indeed be free to install for you as a new iPhone user.

Feb 8, 2016 1:27 PM in response to akram16

If you are using the same apple id you won't have to pay. When you click on buy it will give you a message that because you have purchased - included with the new iPhone - these before they are free. Did you even click on the buy button?

Feb 8, 2016 11:44 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St._Clair wrote:

akram16 wrote:

Apps like pages,numbers,keynotes,garage band,itunes u

Those are not preinstalled apps. At least, they are not apps that are installed as part of the OS. If they were installed on your phone, someone else put them there. As long as you're using the same Apple ID as was used to download them in the first place, all you need to do is download them from the App Store again.

http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/15/ilifeiwork-ios-apps-to-come-pre-installed-on-64gb- and-128gb-iphone-66-plus/

I have bought a new Iphone 6s 64gb and after erasing Iphone to restore data from android to Iphone, I have lost some of my preinstalled apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.