Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes not installing mulitple issues

Having a mare re-installing iTunes after a Windows 10 wipe clean reset.

The same issues as others eg.

an error occurred during installation of assembly 'Microsoft VC80.CRT~~~8.0.50727.61 ~~~Token="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b~~

HRESULT : 0x80073715 half way through installation

then

unable to start apple mobile device service during installation

then

apple application support was not found error 2

Bottom line iTunes won't start.

I have tried

uninstall all iTunes components in support mentioned stages

virus and firewall off

C++ redistributable x86 installed

windows module installer service started

running install as an administrator

Pretty sure there aren't any other steps to take without getting near the registry (not keen) so anyone who can help, please help or maybe its time for a different laptop/Mac 😠😕😟😮

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 12:02 PM

10 replies

Feb 8, 2016 5:23 PM in response to leefrombasildon

The message "An error occurred during installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT, type="win32", version="8.0.50727.6195", publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", processorArchitrcture=..." may occur because a particular library file is not included in the distribution package supplied with iTunes or won't install for some unspecified reason. Installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update before attempting to reinstall iTunes may help.

See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates for further advice if required.

tt2

Feb 9, 2016 10:04 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi TT, thanks for the reply. This is one of the steps I took after reading your troubleshooting thread on install problems. I just shortened the description of the Microsoft link(being lazy) as well as the first error code. Do you know which particular version of the Visual C++ update to use, as there are 3 to choose from, as I D/L'ed the x86 version, based on the contents of the error code. I will go through your troubleshoot, and try to resolve 😐

Feb 9, 2016 11:18 AM in response to leefrombasildon

Hiho, update. Been through troubleshoot, d/l'ed direct link for iTunes setup, extracted using 7-zip, un-installed in sequence, virus and firewall off, UAC off, windows module installer service, started re-installed alphabetically all msi files (apple application support 64 bit produced the error code "An error occurred during installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT, type="win32", version="8.0.50727.6195", publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", processorArchitrcture=...") apple mobile device service failed to start during install, same result, error 2 on starting iTunes.

Going to try the regedit idea, should I un-install all iTunes components before the reg edit or after?😕

Feb 9, 2016 3:48 PM in response to turingtest2

Right, vcredist_x64.EXE installed, removed all iTunes/Apple files. Tried install as admin privilege, same 2 errors, removed all again, try using standalone alphabetical file install, Apple Application Support 32 bit installs, Apple Mobile Device fails to start during install, error 2 when iTunes finishes install, and iTunes won't launch due to Apple Application Support 32 bit was not found, what am I missing? PS UAC still off with firewall and scanning off

itunes not installing mulitple issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.