Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having an issue copying/paste images from ChemDraw Professional 15.0 to Keynote 6.6.1/Pages 5.6.1

So this is rather weird.

I currently have the most up-to-date OS, as well as the latest versions for Keynote and Pages. I am trying to copy & paste images from ChemDraw Professional 15.0 to either Keynote or Pages, and it just doesn't happen. Two co-workers, who have everything updated just as I do, were able to copy and paste images from ChemDraw into pages. What would be keeping my computer from doing the same?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 12:16 PM

9 replies

Feb 9, 2016 5:56 AM in response to kbbeach55

Terms such as “latest”, “same”, and “updated just as I do”, are too vague for this community. It is important that you be explicit because there are multiple versions of Pages that run on OS X, and they can and do behave differently. Guessing does not help either of us solve your image issue. Chemdraw 15 only indicates Mavericks and Yosemite compatibility.

Therefore, to avoid any confusion, or assumptions, what explicit version of Pages, and OS X are you using? I need the same info for the co-worker that copy/paste does work. Also, are your co-workers using the version of Chemdraw as you, and is their success based on direct copy/paste into Pages, or another mechanism.

Feb 9, 2016 3:00 PM in response to kbbeach55

Let's try a non-destructive, diagnostic to see if it resolves anything on your machine. It is called Safe Boot mode, and it clears out and rebuilds various System caches, verifies the disk, rebuilds font caches, and does not load many kernel drivers. So it will be slower to boot, and there may be visual anomalies in this mode. All perfectly normal.

Safe Boot mode:

1. Quit open applications normally, and power down your Mac.
  2. When you hit the power button, immediately press and hold the shift key until you observe the horizontal progress bar.

The Mac will be in full screen mode with a login dead center, and a red Safe Boot in the upper right corner.

3. After you type your password, but before you press the right arrow to sign-in, again press and hold the shift key until your Desktop icons appear.
  4. Now launch Chemdraw 15, and then launch Pages in that order.

Try a copy/paste of a Chemdraw image. Success?

5. Reboot normally.
  6. Repeat step 4. Any change?

Sep 29, 2016 4:08 AM in response to VikingOSX

I also have this issue. I don’t think it is a problem exclusively or Keynote and Pages, as it Chemdraw is unable to copy to any other application in the computer. My gut feeling is that it is not communicating with the clipboard. Perkin Elmer say that Chemdraw version 15.11 should solve the problem (http://forums.cambridgesoft.com/messageview.aspx?catid=12&threadid=3046), but it does not work in my case. I am not sure where the problem is. If it is of any use, I'm running OsX 10.11.6 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013) with a 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 processor. Other people don’t seem to have a problem, so I’m just wondering if there is any incompatibility between Chemdraw and my set up

Having an issue copying/paste images from ChemDraw Professional 15.0 to Keynote 6.6.1/Pages 5.6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.