Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recommended apps for iPencil

I bought the iPencil with my Pro. I have tried to find apps that use it but am not having luck. My last choice was AstroPad which is a great application but requires a connection to a Mac. For what I am trying to do, I don't see carrying a Mac around as well as the Pro.

I am primarily looking for drawing apps but will take suggestions about any other app with a smile.

Thanks,

Kirk Sorensen

Dell 8700-OTHER, Windows 10, iTunes 12, iOS 9.1, iPad

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 11:47 AM

I've tried several, but am partial to Procreate. Good app.

5 replies

Feb 8, 2016 11:43 AM in response to wvkds

Just search the iOS store for

Apple Pencil apps

OR

Smart stylus apps or apps for styluses/smart styluses or apps for bluetooth stylus, apps for bluetooth smart styluses/stylii, etc.

There lots of third party apps that, if they work with any third party bluetooth stylii, will work with the Apple pencil.

There are just too many to list for your response.

Good Luck!

Feb 8, 2016 12:00 PM in response to wvkds

Here are smart stylus apps I purchased and use that will also work with your Apple Pencil

Short list

Astropad

Corel Procreate

Pixelmator

AutoDesk Sketchbook

Adonit Forge

Tayasui Sketches

Inspire Pro

Art Studio

Sketchbook (a sketch pad-like analog app)

Inkist

Touch Draw

AutoDesk Graphic

Notabilty

Noteshelf

Good Notes

Penultimate

Write Pad

Others

Adobe mobile drawing apps (can't remember their names right now)

Notepad

Recommended apps for iPencil

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.