Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade problem RAM Macbook Pro A1297, Mid 2009, 3,06Ghz

Hello,

I just trying to upgrade my 4 gb 2x2 ddr3 ram to 2x2 8 gb dd3 ram, with all possible variants of dedicated ram for Apple, 1067 Mhz, 1.5 V, 3 different producers, recommend by Apple on this model and no result, the error sound is continuously on and no boot. In technical description this model say that i can upgrade to max. 8 gb ram and truth is that is not possible. Why? I think that Apple customers deserve an answer from the company.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 12:26 PM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 12:34 PM in response to Airblick

If you are having RAM problems, make sure it is seated correctly in the computer.

Check to make sure it is the correct RAM:

MacBook Pro: How to remove or install memory - Apple Support

Or, go to http://www.crucial.com/ and use the scanner program they have there. Also this Apple Support article gives you good details on the Type of RAM for each model. It scans the computer and tells you exactly which RAM works on the computer. Make sure what you have matches what you see on this site.

I have used Crucial to upgrade 3 different Macs with no issues. One is a 2006 MacBook that still runs.

Note that RAM is very sensitive to static, and could have been damaged while being installed or removed. If you aren't sure how to replace the RAM, have someone help you out.

Upgrade problem RAM Macbook Pro A1297, Mid 2009, 3,06Ghz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.