Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When is Apple going to allow me to move the location of my iCloud Drive to another volume/disk?

When is Apple going to allow me to move the location of my iCloud Drive to another volume/disk? I would like to get rid of Dropbox Pro and use 1TB of Apple iCloud Drive. But, I am unable to do so because there is no way to move my iCloud Drive folder from the system library to my external drive. My OS is installed on a 128GB SSD and DOES NOT have enough room to sync all of my files. I need to be able to move the iCloud Drive location or this service is a non-starter other than using it to backup my iPhone.

Why wasn't this considered in the design process? Seems an awful big feature to overlook. Dropbox does it... Microsoft One.... Google Drive.... all have options to keep the file storage location wherever you wish.

Mac OS X (10.7.5), icloud

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 11:29 AM

2 replies

When is Apple going to allow me to move the location of my iCloud Drive to another volume/disk?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.