Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying "Not Connected" Message When TV Switches to ATV4 Source

I use my Apple TV 4 as one of the three input sources to my new 65" Samsung 4K TV. The TV uses its proprietary Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) system to control switching and control of the three inputs (the other two are the cable box and a Blu Ray player). This works beautifully except when I switch to the Apple TV 4 as the source. The TV screen then displays a message saying "Anynet+ source not connected, please check connections" for about a minute. All is otherwise working properly with picture, sound and control. The message goes away after about a minute, but is an annoyance in an otherwise properly working system.

This did not occur with my previous ATV 3. It just switched on and worked seamlessly. Only started happening when I replaced the ATV 3 with the ATV 4. My layman's view is that there is some quirk in Apple's application of the "HDMI-CEC" standard to the new ATV 4. Just one more reason why I am not particularly enthused about the ATV 4 over the ATV 3.

Has anyone else seen this kind of thing, and do you have a recommended fix?

If I don't receive any input here suggesting a fix for me, I will also write this up as a problem needing correction, on the Apple site.

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 1:08 PM

I have a Samsung TV and ATV 4. I found when TV is off and ATV is off, then I turn on ATV it starts TV and changes source for itself. Perhaps yur issues is because you are changing the source yourself?

2 replies

Feb 8, 2016 1:54 PM in response to beachbum814

Good suggestion. I set my ATV 4 (in Settings) to allow the ATV remote to control my entire system. Having done that, it turns out that if I push the Select pad on the ATV 4 remote, it will cause the Samsung TV to switch to the ATV source, and I don't get the annoying message. Has worked beautifully several times in a row. The old ATV 3 didn't require this, and I'm not quite sure why the ATV 4 works this way, but it does.

Thanks for the help.

Annoying "Not Connected" Message When TV Switches to ATV4 Source

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.