Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can ATV change tv hdmi settings when it shuts off

When ATV turns on, it automatically changes the HDMI settings on my Samsung TV. Is there a way to have the TV go back to the cable box HDMI setting when ATV turns off?

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 12:39 PM

8 replies

Feb 8, 2016 1:04 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Every time I use the ATV it changes the port on the TV settings to point to the source it is using. When I want to go back to cable TV viewing I have to grab the TV remote, and manually change the source back to HDMI1. Seeing as the ATV can automatically change the source when it turns on it should be able to do the reverse. It confuses the older members of my household if I forget to change it back to cable when I'm finished viewing ATV. ;-)

Thanks for your reply!

Feb 8, 2016 2:38 PM in response to beachbum814

beachbum814 wrote:

When ATV turns on, it automatically changes the HDMI settings on my Samsung TV. Is there a way to have the TV go back to the cable box HDMI setting when ATV turns off?

You gave me a useful response about an hour ago regarding my ATV 4's annoying "not connected" message, when used with my Samsung TV. Your suggestion worked after I went to "Remotes and Devices" in Settings. There is an On-Off selection there for "Home Theater Control" which I used to fix my

problem. Possibly experimenting with that setting may help with your problem as well.

Can ATV change tv hdmi settings when it shuts off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.