Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to attached iPhone powered off to USB host for charing-only

How to attached an powered off iPhone to USB host just for battery charing

without the Phone starts to normal mode? The Phone should simply keep be powered off

and only switch to charing mode on plug-in its original accessory data/charging cable to host's USB.

iPhone 6s.

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 1:29 PM

You cannot charge an iPhone if it is powered off, because the charger is implemented on software, which must be powered on to do its job. However, if you first plug it in, then turn it off it will keep the charging circuit powered on and shut off the rest of the phone.

11 replies

Feb 9, 2016 2:04 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

That's a good joke (please apologize the expression). It does not cost much effort to find/see in net lot of signals

that just the opposite applies too. I stopped to trust all the fables spread in Apple scene, "..not affected by fraudulent stuff, everything easier,..."

These just results of my few years long experience in usage of some Apple products.

Mar 7, 2016 2:46 PM in response to falkjflajf

Every time I have access to both wall adapter and a host with USB port I always prefer the former one, I do it due to efficiency of power conversion which as I believe is for big supply units and higher power drains better than in case of small wall adapter.

The proposal with data blocker is great hint. Unfortunately did not manage to find a product recommendation for market in my region without any constrains.

That regarding plugging iPhone to host's usb port than shutting it down is not best solution as the malware operating on host side can block iPhone

from true shutdown. Also iOS is no malware&Co.-free zone.

Mar 18, 2016 11:49 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence FinchFeb 8, 2016 1:30 PM Re: How to attached iPhone powered off to USB host for charing-only
in response to falkjflajf

Charge it with the Apple wall adapter and you avoid any problems, as well as charging it twice as fast.

Unfortunately the malicious thing repeats 10 times its fraudulent operations till the iPhone is really down.

Lawrence FinchFeb 8, 2016 1:30 PM Re: How to attached iPhone powered off to USB host for charing-only
in response to falkjflajf

There is no malware that can infect an iPhone, so that should not be a concern unless you have jailbroken the phone.

AceDeceiver, KeRanger, and so on, and so on, and so on,......

Mar 18, 2016 1:13 PM in response to falkjflajf

Ace Deceiver was secreted in 3 apps (out of over a million) that have since been removed from the app store. They are not a threat. And they were only malicious in the People's Republic of China. And they still required that the user permit them to run.

KeRanger was Mac OS X Ransomware. It was detected and disabled by Apple before it caused anyone any damage. It did not affect iOS devices.

I'd like to the the "and so ons", as there aren't any.

Whatever your problem is, if your phone isn't jailbroken it does not contain malware.

Apr 5, 2016 12:24 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

There is no malware that can infect an iPhone, so that should not be a concern unless you have jailbroken the phone.

See lock-screen vulnerability in days of iOS7 - not the last, possibly not the first, security issue of products from Apple house.

See Siri and lock-screen vulnerability iOS 9.3 - not the first nor last vulnerability

Apr 5, 2016 1:23 PM in response to falkjflajf

falkjflajf wrote:

See lock-screen vulnerability in days of iOS7 - not the last, possibly not the first, security issue of products from Apple house.

See Siri and lock-screen vulnerability iOS 9.3 - not the first nor last vulnerability

I don't recall the iOS 7 issue to which you're referring. However, the iOS 9.3 Siri and lock screen vulnerability is non-existent. It's a silly Facebook meme.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.