Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

send sms in outbox on connect to mobile network

The competition does not have any slightest problem with function as described below.

I look for a way how get it working on iPhone 6s.

The device in airplane mode or out off mobile network coverage. Edit some SMS message. Push send button.

Message goes to thread view. Some time later device gets connected to mobile network.

Message keeps to be unsent for practically whole eternity. It should instead be sent automatically as soon as

connection to mobile network established.

iPhone 6s, ios 9.2.x.

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 1:01 PM

4 replies

Feb 8, 2016 1:05 PM in response to falkjflajf

falkjflajf wrote:

The competition does not have any slightest problem with function as described below.

I look for a way how get it working on iPhone 6s.

The device in airplane mode or out off mobile network coverage. Edit some SMS message. Push send button.

Message goes to thread view. Some time later device gets connected to mobile network.

Message keeps to be unsent for practically whole eternity. It should instead be sent automatically as soon as

connection to mobile network established.

iPhone 6s, ios 9.2.x.

What did your mobile carrier say? SMS is their feature not Apples.

Feb 8, 2016 1:19 PM in response to falkjflajf

falkjflajf wrote:

I believe it's the user equipment's job to try resend of sms messages stored in its own and local/private

memory as soon as its network status changes. The operators network can't know the device has

some unsent stuff in its memory.

Believe what you want. I still stand pat on my response that SMS is a carrier feature, you should be talking to them about why your text won't send after you've connected back to cellular data.

Good luck.

send sms in outbox on connect to mobile network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.