Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restricting internet browsing in wifi login portal popup. Disabling Safari doesn't solve problem

I have disabled Safari on my son's iphone in restrictions as well as some other things (installing apps, etc.). However, he is still able to browse the internet from within the wifi login portal popup at various wifi hotspots. How can I disable this feature, place restrictions on that content, or at least restrict him to home network where there is no popup window?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 1:03 PM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 1:12 PM in response to simplesimon777

Sounds like he found a viable work around. Smart kid.

I don't know of any other way to restricting access other than outright disabling it which is what you've done. He's managed to find exploit something to still gain access to the internet, and if you're trying to limit that you might just have to downgrade him to a burner phone like a flip top phone or something of that sort if he can't be reasoned with.

Restricting internet browsing in wifi login portal popup. Disabling Safari doesn't solve problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.