Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone shows no service, after dropping on ground

after dropping, about 10 minutes later, it showed no service, i took out sim, restarted phone,put sim back and then it finds carrier, everythings good, bet then about 3 minutes later it shows no service.

If I go to "Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings" and do that, then the phone finds my carrier and connects just fine.

5 minutes later, I checked my phone and it's back to showing "No service" in the top-left.

So it seems as if my phone IS able to connect to my carrier, and it works just fine, but only for a short period of time, after which it goes back to finding no service.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1, null

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 1:40 PM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 1:56 PM in response to 2stroke125cc

2stroke125cc wrote:

after dropping, about 10 minutes later, it showed no service, i took out sim, restarted phone,put sim back and then it finds carrier, everythings good, bet then about 3 minutes later it shows no service.

If I go to "Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings" and do that, then the phone finds my carrier and connects just fine.

5 minutes later, I checked my phone and it's back to showing "No service" in the top-left.

So it seems as if my phone IS able to connect to my carrier, and it works just fine, but only for a short period of time, after which it goes back to finding no service.

Maybe you dropping the phone made more damage than you think.

Iphone shows no service, after dropping on ground

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.