Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to reinstall OS X Mountain Lion but there is no disk?!

Hi

My MacBook Pro can't startup. I can't find Hard Drive when starting up. Afterwords I'm trying to reinstall OS X Mountain Lion. When I get to the "choose disk to install OS X - there is no disk to choose....

I have tried to open Disk UtilityUser uploaded file

First, My HD appears as" verified" but the rest of options are greyed out (permissions and repair). This means that I can not do anything else. If I go to the install OS X option (trying to re-install all from scratch) there is no disk available for selection. The only thing I can see in the disk utility menu is my disk0 and base system this somehow says 1.19 GB( I recall my MACBook Pro had more memory than that but that is all I can see).

Where to go from here - I would like to find my disk again :-)

Thanks in advance.

Soeren

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 1:20 PM

That isn’t your hard disk; it’s Apple’s Internet Recovery system. Your hard disk is either dead or not properly connected to the motherboard; in either case, this requires a hardware repair.

(139315)

2 replies

Trying to reinstall OS X Mountain Lion but there is no disk?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.