Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITunes - problems with burning discs to external drive

Hi

I am getting error messages when I try burn CD to iTunes - not correct permission to complete. My iTunes media storage is linked to an external drive - set without n iTunes preferences. I have changed permissions rights to read and write on iTunes via Finder as suggested on a number of help pages - the has not resolved the issue. Interestingly when I change iTunes media storage to the default location on the hard disk - I can then burn discs. But as I want all data accesed by iTunes stored on the external drive- this is not a solution. Can anyone help ?

Mac Pro

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 12:16 AM

How is the external formatted? the last time I answered this problem 2 days ago the person had the external formatted to NTFS and it needs to be Mac.

2 replies

Feb 9, 2016 12:22 AM in response to Limnos

thanks very helpful. I have checked how this can be done and it looks straightforward. However to reformat I have to back up and then delete all the data on the external disk - 7000+ songs in Apple loses saved using a MS laptop - but now linked to iTunes on the MacBook. once the disk is reformatted can I transfer the data back onto the external drive and will they then still be linked to the iTunes on the MacBook. Thanks

ITunes - problems with burning discs to external drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.