Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto problem. Should I update to newer version?

When I open iPhoto (version 7.1) I do not get rows of thumbnails. I get one large picture. I can scan through the pictures. I can edit them. I cannot select or drag them. I do have small thumbnails across the top when in Edit mode. I have been scanning pictures a lot of photos onto the computer. I backed up 1 day before this problem occurred so I have a backup. Should I try to rebuild thumbnails (and how do I do that)? Should I try to restore Iphoto from the backup? Or should I try to update iPhoto with a newer version? What version should I get? I have OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. Speed 2Ghz. Memory 4 GB.

iPhoto '08, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 4:55 PM

Note the slider lower right of the iPhoto window. Try drag that left.

3 replies

Feb 8, 2016 4:16 PM in response to mac7124

First, I second Terence's recommendation of upgrading to EC and Photos 1.0.3.

Secondly, try repairing the library according to the instructions in this Apple document: Repair Your Library.

Warning: If you use iCloud Photo Library with Photos, this action will cause Photos to upload all your pictures again (from Fix missing or incorrect thumbnails in Photos - Apple Support).

User uploaded file

iPhoto problem. Should I update to newer version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.