Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 11: Black Video, Audio Working/Thumbnails upside-down

Hello all,

Please excuse my ignorance as I think I'm computer savvy but apple is a different story.

I just downloaded the latest version of iMovie 11 (not sure what version I had before) and everything seems to be ok except one of my .AVI video's is not working. When I hover over it, I can hear audio but each frame is black. It's only this one video and I have a lot of other ones that are fine. I've tried deleting the cache, renaming the video, saving it in different formats, importing it as it's own event and nothing. I'm at a loss.

My secondary issue since downloading this latest version is that when I hover over the thumbnails they are all upside-down. Everything plays ok in the preview window but the thumbnails are upside-down where they were ok in the previous version.

I've been looking and trying everything for a day now and I can't seem to find the answer online so hopefully someone can help-thanks in advance!

OS EI Capitan

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 7:04 PM

"I just downloaded the latest version of iMovie 11"

From the symptoms it looks like you have iMovie '11 (version 9) and this doesn't work properly under El Capitan. What version does it indicate when you select iMovie > About iMovie in the main menu? The only version that seems to work with El Capitan is the latest, iMovie 10.1.1.

Geoff.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2016 7:04 PM in response to nicolka_s

"I just downloaded the latest version of iMovie 11"

From the symptoms it looks like you have iMovie '11 (version 9) and this doesn't work properly under El Capitan. What version does it indicate when you select iMovie > About iMovie in the main menu? The only version that seems to work with El Capitan is the latest, iMovie 10.1.1.

Geoff.

iMovie 11: Black Video, Audio Working/Thumbnails upside-down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.