Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos gone from albums and all photos?

Today I looked into my iCloud Photos albums to try and find a photo - only to discover there were only a few photos left in each album, and they had also disappeared from the 'All Photos' section. I haven't changed any settings recently, as far as I am aware, they've just gone. I've attached a Screenshot to show the issue. It is around 500 photos lost, maybe a few more or a few less, but I don't have any other copies of them due to my Mac not wanting to upload anything - since fixed without doing anything.

User uploaded file

Previously that album had more than 100 photos in it, all gone but four? If anyone knows how to fix or restore then please help as these photos were very important to me, particularly from this album.

Jack

Mac mini (Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 2:15 PM

17 replies

Feb 8, 2016 4:19 PM in response to Bristol Buses

I dont think I have any more libraries, it's a fairly new Mac

I'd check that idea of Winston Churchill. Just to be sure.

Have you searched your Mac for additional Photos Libraries? If Photos cannot open a library or find it, it may create a new library, and download what is in your Photo Stream.

• To check this, open a Finder Window and type into the search field "photoslibrary"
  • Klick "Kind: Photos Library".
  • Klick: This Mac

User uploaded file

Repeat this with any external drives connected, that you recently had connected to your Mac, while working with Photos. Sometimes it happens, that Photos opens an older library on an attached backup drive instead of the regular library.

iCloud photos gone from albums and all photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.