Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage full for my Iphone 5

Unfortunately my "8"gb iphone has run out of storage. 2gb of the storage was taken up by phtos so I moved all of the photos which onto my computer so i could delete them on my phone which i then did but it still said there was 2gb taken up by phtos. There is only 6 photos left now and I've removed all my music but whenever i open Iphoto it says there is no space available to take photos when there obviously is. I tried to sync it to my computer but it says it can not sync because there is no free space on the iphone. I'm kind of furious because it seems like there is nothing I can do since I have already removed almost all my apps, all my music and all my photos and it still says there is no space. I'm also really angry apple are able to get away with selling an iphone with 5.3gb usable space as 8gb and that you can not delete the useless utility apps they have put in. Currently really disappointed with every aspect of apple in the last few years.

iPhone 5, iOS 4.1

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 2:40 PM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 3:59 PM in response to Dead Rain

Look in Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage (under Storage not iCloud), and see if the photos are still taking up space. If they are, go back to your photos app, go to albums at the bottom, and then go to the Recently Deleted Album and delete them all.

As far as your space goes, every electronic device has a certain capacity. In your car, you went for the cheap (probably free) model. On that storage space has to live the OS as well as all of your data. Even if you purchase a computer, this is the same thing, but you usually wouldn't purchase a 8 GB computer so it's not noticeable. The 8 GB model is for those people who do not use their iPhone for much, maybe talk, text, the occasional photo, and web browsing. Those who text like a mad person, take 5000 selfies a day, or download every app that says free should really shell out the money for a higher capacity phone instead of playing victim off of poor decision making.

Storage full for my Iphone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.