Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a refurbished iphone 4S for my daughter to use like an itouch , but it won't without a SIM Card, so I bought one from h2O, but not sure what else to do...

I bought a refurbished iphone 4s for my 6 year old, who just wants to watch videos and listen to music and text, but we can't do that without wi-fi, which you can't have without a SIM card, which this didn't come with ....what next!!!??

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.2, SIM card missing

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 3:45 PM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 3:56 PM in response to Lilisfolks140

You do need a SIM card to activate an iPhone with Apple so you can use it. However, once activated, you do not need the SIM card to use it effectively as an iPod Touch. Activation with Apple is not the same as activating service with a carrier - those are two different and separate things. So just pop the SIM in, activate the phone, then remove it to use. Enable Airplane Mode, and then re-enable just wifi so the cellular phone radio is off and not using any power.

I bought a refurbished iphone 4S for my daughter to use like an itouch , but it won't without a SIM Card, so I bought one from h2O, but not sure what else to do...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.