Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro Keeps Frezzing

Hi,

I've just started and restored my system twice and logic Pro keeps freezing when I try to move a region or do anything. Is there a known issue? Any suggestions on fixing the problem? And Info on what might be causing the problem. ( NOTE I'm not using a lot of plugins.) I have the recent updates for Feb 2016

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 3:59 PM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 4:04 PM in response to lbt310

There are a few possibilities in regards to the recent 10.2.1 update.. and odd behavior

1) You have previously moved some of Logic's Content to an external drive and you used Aliases instead of Symlinks?

2) You have Melodyne 4 installed... (A fix is needed from Celemony to resolve this so uninstall it until then or roll back to Logic Pro X 10.2 using your backups..)

3) You need to update any Audio/Midi device Drivers to the latest version..

4) You need to update any 3rd party Instrument and FX plugins you have installed...

5) You have a corrupted preference file...

You can resolve many issues by restoring Logic Pro X back to its original settings. This will not impact your media files. To reset your Logic Pro X user preference settings to their original state, do the following:

1. Quit Logic Pro X
  2. In the Finder, choose Go to Folder from the Go menu.
  3. Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field.
  4. Press the Go button.
  5. Remove the com.apple.logic10.plist file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro X User Manual for details on how to do this.
  6. If you are having trouble with a control surface in Logic Pro X, then you may also wish to delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder.
  7. Restart the computer.

Note: If you cannot find any of the files listed above, you didn’t follow the instruction correctly! 🙂

6) You may have a corrupted database file... ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Databases (in your User Account)

Make a copy of this Databases folder to a different location and then delete the original. Now restart your Mac and test...

Logic Pro Keeps Frezzing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.