Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not be able to download any apps on older models

well everyone just wanted to know why i never get any upgrade on my older ipad and macbook pro

i own ipad 1 and it works perfectly but i have a hard time to download any apps , I'm really mad because i don't want to throw out my ipad but i can not get any apps its really make me mad that i can not even find older apps to download it doesn't even give me an option of looking for older apps

what kind of company we are dealing with

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 4:16 PM

8 replies

Feb 8, 2016 5:20 PM in response to Mikebaron

The original iPad is nearing the 6 year mark (April 2016), it has not received any updates since 2012.

Even for a real computer, 6 years old is getting long in the tooth.
You may want to consider upgrading to a new or "newer" ( used ) iPad model, if you can't afford a new one.

Check out Apple's refurbish store for older model iPads.

http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

Apple gives their refurb products the same warranties as their new models and discounts are, usually, pretty good.
To insure some future proofing, I would recommend looking for 1st Gen. iPad Air models or greater.
iPad 2 and 3 models are having some issues with the most current iOS versions now available.
And many current iOS features are not supported on iPad 2, 3 and 4 models, either.

Good Luck!

Feb 9, 2016 7:21 AM in response to MichelPM

everything you said its through but that does not mean the youtube app not supposed to work or even the book app

and also about refurbish ipad .....you really think im going to give up my 64 gb ipad to get 16 gb ipad ??????

if im going to spend extra money like that i rather to buy samsung tablet and i dont have to think about it like that no more

Feb 9, 2016 3:55 PM in response to Mikebaron

You are a completely stubborn person.

The iPad 1 was, in reality, an "early adopter" model and, in the final anslysis, really an underpowered newly introduced tablet from Apple.

The Apple Refurb Store changes daily.

Today, I found a 32 GB Wifi only IPad Air for $379.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/FD789LL/B/refurbished-ipad-air-wi-fi-32gb-silv er

The Refurb store has different inventory everyday.

Technology changes and gets better, faster EVERY year.

Clinging to a device that, clearly, isn't making you happy or giving you any satisfaction by doing what you expect from it will only continue to frustrate you more.

Move to Android and a Samsung tablet.

I don't care what you do.

I am telling you, your iPad 1 has reached its end of life, at least, 2 years, ago, and any updated apps you need will not work on that model iPad anymore.

You will have to purchase something new or newer.

The iPad 1 is outdated technology and has been left behind.

Maybe you'll be a happier camper moving to a Samsung Tabet running the latest Android OS version.

I know I will be happier if you switch.

😉

Feb 9, 2016 6:58 PM in response to Mikebaron

AND people, like you, that think that old technology is going to keep being supported for year after year after a decade, after another decade...

You must be one of these ancient Windowvs PC users that Microsoft had to keep catering to for 20 years and accounts for why Windows OS sucked and suffered for many, many years because of users, like you and just more strongly reaffirms my choice to go to the Apple platform over 20 years, ago.

If you would have purchased a later iPad 2 or 3, as I did when they came out, as of 2016, your newer iDevice would still be supported and neither of us would be conversing about this baloney and a more recent iPad model would already be on iOS 9.2.1 instead of FOREVER, being stuck on iOS 5.1.1.

If you are unhappy with the reality of your situation, dump your aged iPad 1, get yourself that cheaper Samsung iPad knockoff with the Hemroid OS and go bother the Samsung and Android users on their support forums, instead.

Trust me, your experiences won't be any different in AndroidLand with a Samsung tablet. In fact, they will be worse as you will be dealing with Andrhoid viruses and malware on that cheaper Samsung iPad wannabe.

If you like using technology, especially mobile technology, then devices becomimg obsolete is part of adopting and using this class of technology.

Don't purchase computers and, especially, don't purchase mobile technology if you do not like the shorter use of life cycles which ARE shorter than a normal, standard laptop or desktop computer.

I am done with you.

AND I suspect everyone else that will tell you what I have told you will be done with you, also.

Life is too short not too be happy. Especially with not being happy with technology and the constant and unabating advancement of industry and technology.

Good Luck with everything in your life.

More important, be happy...stay well...BE well!

Michel M.

Feb 10, 2016 10:15 AM in response to Mikebaron

The fact is the support cycle of (iOS or Android) tablets and smartphones are a lot shorter than desktops/laptops. I use my desktop PCs for an average of 10 years before upgrading. Can't say the same about tablets/smartphones. Look at MichelPM's reply, iPad 1 stops getting update after 2 years. That's what I call dying young. It's not good for the end users but great for stock holders.

not be able to download any apps on older models

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.