Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 5s lost power. Tradeline (Egypt) said it's a dead motherboard and could not be fixed and i could replace it with a new one from apple dubai or USA. it has been two years since i got it. the question is : could it be repalced ?

My iphone 5s suddenly lost power while charging. Tradeline (Egypt) said it's a dead motherboard and could not be fixed and i could replace it with a new one from Apple Dubai or USA. It has been two years since i got it. I would like to know if it could be really replaced as it is a hardware problem ? I would like to know also how could i recover the photos and contacts .. Thanks in advance. I will appreciate your help

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 4:05 PM

2 replies

Feb 8, 2016 4:10 PM in response to daianmalek

daianmalek wrote:

My iphone 5s suddenly lost power while charging. Tradeline (Egypt) said it's a dead motherboard and could not be fixed and i could replace it with a new one from Apple Dubai or USA. It has been two years since i got it. I would like to know if it could be really replaced as it is a hardware problem ? I would like to know also how could i recover the photos and contacts .. Thanks in advance. I will appreciate your help

if you truly have a dead motherboard, then there is no way for you to recover your photos or contacts off the phone.

Your contacts you should already been syncing with an email or icloud service.

If you have icloud library enabled, then you can log into icloud.com.

There are no international warranty and your phone is past the one year warranty.

You will more than likely need to purchase a new iphone.

Feb 8, 2016 4:25 PM in response to daianmalek

Well, Thank you very much. but is there anyway to fix it ? i show some videos on youtube which give me some hope but unfortunately out of my country.
I am not sure if it's a dead motherboard it maybe a motherboard issue but i don't know exactly what it is.
I feel so desperate that i could not recover my data as i didn't have icloud account

anyway thank you. I appreciate your help

My iphone 5s lost power. Tradeline (Egypt) said it's a dead motherboard and could not be fixed and i could replace it with a new one from apple dubai or USA. it has been two years since i got it. the question is : could it be repalced ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.