Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto just deleted my last import???

Hi. I just downloaded photos from two separate devices (regular camera and iPhone) on the same day into iPhoto. Both downloads seemed to work fine, but after I downloaded the second batch the first batch disappeared. I can not find them anywhere. Of course I had already deleted the images from the first batch from my camera, so I do not have a backup. Are these gone? Did iPhoto overwrite the first batch? How can I get these back! Thanks! I am using iPhoto 09, ver 8.1.2. Thanks!

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 5:40 PM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 7:22 PM in response to Raptorman88

No - iPhoto deletes nothing

the most likely happening is that you are simply looking in the wrong place due to the date setting on the camera being incorrect - check the camera date settings and then look for thoses dates

and for the future never have iPhoto (or any computer program) delete anything - complete the import and safely eject the camera - wait until at lease one sucessful backup cycle has occurred and things are good then use the camera's format command to erast and reformat the card

LN

iPhoto just deleted my last import???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.