Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari not responding when quitting

Hi!

I've been having a lot of problems with Safari these past months after the El Capitan update.

Whenever I quit Safari using +Q, it's not responding and I have to force quit the application every time. Furthermore, I also experience that the "details" button in the cookie section disappears, when I want to delete certain cookies, and only appears if I open and close settings a couple of times.

This is really annoying and has been an ongoing problem ever since the El Capitan update.

Has anyone experience this? And can it be fixed?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 4:33 PM

2 replies

Feb 9, 2016 6:22 AM in response to KSH92

If the above doesn't work, try a restart.

Do a backup, using either Time Machine or a cloning program, to ensure files/data can be recovered. Two backups are better than one.

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. If Back-to-My Mac is selected in System Preferences, the Guest account will not work. The intent is to see if it is specific to one account or a system wide problem. This account can be deleted later.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

Safari not responding when quitting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.