Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I create a folder on my iPhone from my email messages?

How do I create a folder on my phone from my email messages?

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 8:16 PM

1 reply

Feb 10, 2016 6:43 AM in response to Tarzan75

Hi Tarzan75,

You can't create mail folders on your iPhone at this time. However, if you have an iCloud mail account (address ends in @mac.com, @me.com or @icloud.com), then you can create email folders at www.icloud.com.

iCloud: Organize messages into folders

iCloud: Organize messages into folders

iCloud automatically sets up some Mail folders for you: Inbox, VIP, Drafts, Sent, Archive, Trash, and Junk. You can create additional folders and subfolders. A folder with subfolders inside it has a triangle next to it; click the triangle to show or hide subfolders.

To work with folders, make sure you’re in widescreen view. For more information, see “Change how your emails appear” in Read email messages.

Create, rename, or delete a folder

To create a new folder, make sure no folder is selected (click in the message list), click the Add button User uploaded file next to Folders in the sidebar, type a name, then press Return.

To create a subfolder, do one of the following:

• Select the folder in which you want to add a subfolder, click the Add button User uploaded file, type a name, then press Return.

• Drag an existing folder on top of another folder. The dragged folder becomes a subfolder.

To rename a folder, double-click the folder’s name, type a new name, then press Return.

To delete a folder, select it, click the Action pop-up menu User uploaded file in the sidebar, choose Delete Folder, then click Delete.

Important: Deleting a folder deletes everything inside it—messages, subfolders, and messages in subfolders.

Move messages into a folder

Do either of the following:

Drag messages to a folder.

Select one or more messages, click the Move to Folder button (shown below), then choose a folder from the menu.

User uploaded file

To select several adjacent messages, click the first one, then Shift-click the last one. To select multiple nonadjacent messages, Command-click them on a Mac or Control-click them on a Windows computer.

Cheers,

how do I create a folder on my iPhone from my email messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.