Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my ipod shuffle charger still able to work?

I bent the part that actually goes into the ipod ( I think I may have stepped on it). It wasn't too badly bent so I managed to fix it and make it straight again. However, now the entire unit will not charge my shuffle. When I plug it into an outlet my shuffle blinks 3 lights and when I connect it to my computer for Itunes it says that my computer doesn't recognize it. Is the charger actually broken or is there someway to fix it?

iPod shuffle

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 5:11 PM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 5:58 PM in response to xiaolind

If it stopped working when it was damaged, it is probably broken.

If this is the "mini-dock" cable for the 2nd gen shuffle, do not buy the current replacement USB docking cable for shuffle, because that one is only for 3rd and 4th gen shuffle. It does not work with the older 2nd gen shuffle, because the connector is different. There are third-party replacements. Make sure it is described as being for 2nd gen shuffle. For example

http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Sync-Charger-Cradle-shuffle/dp/B0042EB270

Conversely, if my assumption is wrong, and you have a 3rd or 4th shuffle, get the appropriate cable (not one for 2nd gen shuffle).

Is my ipod shuffle charger still able to work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.