Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When starting a new spreadsheet in numbers I always get multiple sheets . How to delete?

When I start a new spreadsheet I always get multiple sheets. How to change this and how to delete extra sheets?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2016 5:59 AM

Hi Dean,

What template are you opening?

To delete a sheet, click on the v on the Sheet Tab and choose Delete from the menu that opens.

Regards,

Ian.

5 replies

Feb 9, 2016 7:03 AM in response to deanfromthe villages

Hi Dean,

What version of Numbers?

Menu > Numbers > About Numbers.

My original reply assumed Numbers 3.

I had to click on "hide print view" to bring up entire sheet.

That suggests that your are running Numbers '09 where the "blank" template has a table that covers two four (printed) pages.

Reduce the size of the table by deleting unused rows and columns (Numbers '09 and Numbers 3).

Terminology in Numbers:

A document can have one or more Sheets.

Each Sheet consists of a "canvas" that can hold one or more tables and other objects such as graphs, Text Boxes, Shapes (drawing objects).

If you are running Numbers 3, Menu > File > Print takes you to Print Setup. That may be where you are seeing multiple pages.

To return to your document, click on the Done button at the bottom of the Print Setup panel.

More information will lead to a solution 🙂.

Regards,

Ian.

Edit: Numbers '09 where the "blank" template has a table that covers two four (printed) pages.

Feb 10, 2016 4:53 AM in response to deanfromthe villages

Hi Dean,

Numbers '09 v2.3.

New from Template Chooser > Blank shows this in Menu > View > Show Print View. (or the View button on the Toolbar > Show Print View).

Here is a Screen Shot in 50% Zoom:

User uploaded file

The table spreads over four pages. (I think that is your original question 🙂.)

Solution: Reduce the size of the table.

User uploaded file

To see something like this:

User uploaded file

Save as Template with a preferred name (my preferred name is 'Small w Header Row and Column').

Numbers > Preferences > General > Use Template:

User uploaded file

When I launch Numbers '09 or File > New (command n, for a new document) I see this:

User uploaded file

I can easily enlarge the table if I need to.

Happy Numbering!

Regards,

Ian.

When starting a new spreadsheet in numbers I always get multiple sheets . How to delete?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.